Compare car hire at train stations
Rated Excellent with a Trust score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trust Pilot
Britain is a country that runs on rails – its 14,634 kilometres of passenger railway routes connect commuters to jobs, families to their loved ones and friends to their favourite meeting places.
According to the latest Office of Rail and Road statistics, 1.8 billion journeys are completed annually and the busiest station is London Waterloo, with a staggering 94,192,690 annual entries and exits.
And great oaks grow from small acorns in the history of UK train travel – when Robert Stephenson’s Invicta steam locomotive started powering the first regular passenger service in Britain (and the world) in 1830, it covered just six miles between Canterbury and Whitstable.
Hiring a car at UK train stations is easy with Enjoy Car Hire and our service is Rated Excellent with a score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
Popular UK Train Station Car Rental Locations
Find UK train station car rentals fast at the following locations:
- London King’s Cross Station car hire from trusted operators like Europcar and Green Motion Car and Van rental is simple and swift to arrange.
- Rent a car at London Streatham Train Station with agreements that include features like theft protection and 24 hour assistance.
- London Waterloo Station Car Hire can be organised in a couple of clicks – we’ll soon fast forward your journey from Britain’s busiest station.
- London Liverpool Street Train Station car hire couldn’t be simpler – you’ll soon be rolling in a reliable vehicle.
- Car rental at London Paddington Train Station is a piece of cake, but remember to pick up some Paddington Bear memorabilia before you leave!
- Car hire at London Victoria Train Station is child’s play and the makes and models available can include the Vauxhall Corsa and Nissan Qashqai.
- Edinburgh Waverley Train Station car hire is quick to take care of when you can’t wait to cruise around the beautiful Scottish capital.
- Rent a car at Leeds City Train Station in a couple of minutes and your onward journey to the rest of Yorkshire and beyond is smooth and seamless.
- Manchester Piccadilly Train Station car hire is made simple with a choice of outstanding operators.
- Hire a car at Manchester Victoria Train Station and explore this city’s cool cultural hotspots.
- Birmingham New Street car hire is straightforward – you’ll soon be starting your engine in Britain’s second city.
Car Hire Operators At UK Train Stations
The car hire operators available at UK train stations vary, but here are a few of the highly rated firms that can provide the perfect vehicle package:
Europcar has a fleet of 45,000 vehicles, stocks over 100 models and refreshes cars in its fleet once they reach 7.4 months old or have driven 13,500 miles.
Keddy is owned by Europcar and has a simplified car rental offer aimed at value-focused customers.
Green Motion Car and Van Rental is one of the world’s foremost exponents of low-CO2 car hire. It’s the ideal choice for customers who want to reduce their carbon footprints.
Alamo is one of our most popular choices worldwide, with a strong brand, modern vehicles and offices, offering high quality and generally competitive pricing.
FAQs about UK Train Stations
How many train stations are there in the UK?
There are more 2500 train stations in the UK, specifically 2,563 over-ground stations and additional 250 under-ground stations in 4 UK cities.
Which UK cities have an underground train system?
Liverpool, London, Newcastle and Glasgow have an underground rail system.
Which London train stations offer car hire?
The majority of London train stations have a car hire operator in or very close nearby such as Kings Cross, Victoria, Euston, Streatham, Paddington and St Pancras.
Which is the most popular car hire company for train stations?
Europcar and Enterprise tend to have a near-terminal office in major UK train stations.
Can I hire a car from a train station?
Yes, you will tend to find a majot car hire company either in or very near the train terminal at the majority of the UK's main stations.
Reasons to book your next hire car with Enjoy:
- As well as offering car hire at hundreds of airports worldwide, we offer a wide choice in city centres and train stations across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zeland, North America and the rest of the world.
- Always the Best prices & huge choice of suppliers and vehicles
- Many exclusive deals that you won’t find anywhere else
- More than 10 years of experience
- Book online, save money and enjoy a free cancellation policy*
Popular UK train stations
- London Kings Cross
- London Streatham
- London Waterloo
- London Liverpool Street
- London Paddington
- London Victoria
- London Kennington
- London Euston
- London Bridge
- Edinburgh Waverley
- Leeds City Station
- Manchester Piccadilly
- Manchester Victoria
- Birmingham New Street