Manchester Victoria Train Station is a bustling rail hub which processes 8.9 million passengers annually and is a vital part of the transport provision in this famous northern metropolis.
It’s the best place to catch trains to places like Wigan, Stalybridge, Selby, Rochdale, Liverpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Blackpool.
Manchester Victoria is located in the north of the city centre close to Manchester Cathedral and adjacent to Manchester Arena events venue.
Originally opened in 1844, it was designed by George Stephenson and most of the original complex is still extant, including a portion of its elegant Edwardian neo-baroque façade at Hunt’s Bank.
By 1904, the station had expanded to 17 platforms and its most recent major refurbishment is a £17 million roof completed in 2015.
Given that it’s located centrally in a major city, renting a car at Manchester Victoria is hassle-free and there are several useful facts you should note about this hub and its facilities:
- Opening hours are Monday to Friday 6AM-10PM, Saturday 6:30AM-10PM and Sunday 8AM 10:15PM.
- It’s an accessible station for disabled travellers, with a height adjusted counter at the ticket office, adapted ticket machines and a hearing induction loop.
- There are several amazing things to do near Manchester Victoria Train Station, such as the Museum of Science & Industry, The Warehouse Project live music venue, the National Football Museum, Rock Over Climbing indoor climbing wall and the Manchester Arndale shopping centre.
Car Hire Operators At Manchester Victoria Train Station
Once you reach Manchester Victoria, you’ll probably want to start exploring the city and the rest of the UK as soon as possible – there are several car hire operators ready to provide the perfect vehicle to get you moving.
Here’s some further information on two of the most popular firms, Europcar and Keddy:
- Europcar specialises on providing its customers with the most reliable vehicles and refreshes its UK fleet of over 45,000 vehicles regularly – cars are removed from the fleet and replaced once they have reached 7.4 months old or have driven 13,500 miles. It stocks over 100 models and at Manchester Victoria you can choose anything from a Vauxhall Corsa to a Skoda Octavia or Vauxhall Insignia. Car hire protection packages typically include benefits like theft protection, 24 hour assistance and collision damage waiver.
- Keddy is owned by Europcar and offers price-focused customers a simplified offering without compromising on quality or customer service. And because it is backed by such a prestigious parent company, this provides perfect peace of mind. At Manchester Victoria you can hire anything from a Fiat Tipio to a Nissan Qashqai from Keddy.
With Enjoy Car Hire, car rental at Manchester Victoria Train station is swift and simple – drop your details in the boxes, click ‘search’ and you’re served with a collection of cracking deals.
Popular Manchester transport hubs
More about Manchester