Compare car hire at Manchester train station
Rated Excellent with a Trust score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trust Pilot
Manchester Piccadilly Train Station is the busiest of this northern powerhouse’s five rail hubs and it processes 30.2 million passengers each year.
When you want to take cross-country services to major national destinations like London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Glasgow and Cardiff, this is an excellent starting point. But it’s also at the heart of regular regional services to the likes of York, Newcastle, Sheffield and Leeds, and enables local commuters who live and work in the Greater Manchester area to go about their daily business without disruption.
The first train station on the site of Manchester Picaddilly opened on Travis Street in 1840 and its owners Manchester & Birmingham Railway extended the station to London Road in 1842.
Following substantive redevelopments in the 1950s, London Road was renamed Manchester Picaddilly in 1960. The new moniker was matched by a modern steel and glass concourse and further refurbishments for the 2002 Commonwealth Games converted it into the functional and attractive station Mancunians and visitors alike know and love.
- You’ll have no problem renting a car at Manchester Piccadilly Train Station and you should take note of the following facts and facilities:
- The station is open 24 hours and you should call National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50 for information on tickets and travel.
- The ticket office is open Monday to Saturday from 4:30AM to 10:30PM and Sunday from 7AM to 10:30PM.
- There are baby changing facilities and male, female and accessible toilets opposite Platforms 11-12 and at the Satellite lounge near platforms 13-14.
- Exciting things to see and do near Manchester Piccadilly include seeing The Alan Turing Memorial at Sackville Park, visiting Greater Manchester Police Museum, taking a Manchester Music Tour from Oldham Street and browsing the Manchester Art Gallery at Mosely Street.
Car Hire Operators At Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
Whatever your requirements, renting a car at Manchester Piccadilly Train Station couldn’t be easier.
There are several car hire operators available, but Europcar and Green Motion Car and Van Rental are two of the best. Here’s a little more information about them:
- With a fantastic fleet of vehicles that includes everything from the Fiat 500 to the Ford Focus Wagon, and car hire agreements that include features like free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the start of the rental period and 24 hour assistance, Europcar’s customer service is sky high. Established in Paris in 1949, this is a global brand that always delivers when it comes to quality.
- Established in 2007, Green Motion is a relative newcomer in the car hire industry, but has already built an enviable reputation as one of the world’s leading providers of low CO2 emission vehicles. At Manchester Picaddilly, you can rent quality cars like the Volvo XC60, BMW 1 Series and Ford Galaxy from Green Motion, safe in the knowledge that you’re making the most eco-friendly car hire decision possible.
Manchester Picaddilly Train Station is a portal to the rich history, culture and heritage of this great northern city and Enjoy Car Hire makes renting a car here an absolute pleasure – simply submit your details onsite and get ready to roll.
Popular UK train stations
- London Kings Cross
- London Streatham
- London Waterloo
- London Liverpool Street
- London Paddington
- London Victoria
- London Kennington
- Edinburgh Waverley
- Leeds City Station
- Manchester Piccadilly
More about Manchester