Compare car hire near Paddington Station
Rated Excellent with a Trust score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trust Pilot
London Paddington Train Station is a major Central London railway and underground station situated close to Marylebone and Bayswater.
With 38.2 million entries and exits annually, it’s one of Britain’s busiest stations – but its most famous passenger will probably always be beloved children’s character Paddington Bear, who arrived here the first time he came to London.
If you’re a fan of this particularly cuddly Peruvian import, you’ll find lots of memorabilia on sale onsite.
- London Paddington is the terminus for the great Western Main Line and the Heathrow Express, as well as TFL Rail services to Heathrow, Britain’s busiest airport.
- The station first opened in 1854 and legendary designer and engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel got his inspiration for its distinctive three span wrought iron and glass roof from the iconic Crystal Palace, which was built for the great Exhibition three years earlier.
- You won’t struggle to hire a car for your onward journey at London Paddington and, despite its longstanding heritage, it’s an efficient and functional hub with the following modern amenities and nearby attractions:
- The station is open 24/7 and has a 24 hour ticket office and ticket machines throughout the premises – all run by Great Western Railway. If you’re headed to the Heathrow Express, please remember that there’s no dedicated ticket office for this purpose – simply use the self-service ticket machines.
- For the latest updates, tickets and timetables, call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 and the number for the station reception at Platform 1 is 020 7922 6788.
- There are several male, female and accessible toilets at London Paddington, as well as baby changing facilities.
With quality food outlets like Barburrito, Burger King and The Pasty Shop, there’s a choice of tasty cuisine on offer every day.
Attractions near London Paddington include Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Little Venice and Heatherwick’s Rolling Bridge.
Car Hire Operators At London Paddington Train Station
Car rental at London Paddington Train Station is simple and you can conveniently choose a vehicle online that suits you and your travel companions perfectly.
Several car hire operators are available in London locations like this, but one of the best is Green Motion Car and Van Rental. Here’s some interesting information on this innovative supplier:
- Green Motion is a British-born company that was only founded in 2007 but has already established an enviable reputation as one of the world’s foremost low CO2 vehicle rental operators. By offering a range of models and economical deals, this forward thinking firm appeals to anyone who is eco-conscious and appreciates a brilliant bargain. Car hire agreements usually include free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of the rental period, third party assistance and theft protection, as well as other features. Meanwhile, Green Motion has a fleet of attractive models like the Toyota IQ, Ford Focus and Vauxhall Crossland X.
Enjoy Care Hire makes car rental at London Paddington Train Station so simple that it would surely be Paddington Bear’s first choice (if only his feet could reach the pedals!). Enter your details online today and take your pick from outstanding car hire deals.
Frequently asked quesstions about London Paddington
What food outlets are there at Paddington?
How long does it take from Paddington to Heathrow airport?
On the Heathrow Express its a 15 minute journey to terminals 2 and 3. On the Connect its 20 to 30 minutes.
How far is Paddington from Kings Cross?
5 stops on the London underground and approximately 15 minutes.
How do I get from Paddington into central London?
The easiest way is using the underground. Take the Circle Line (yellow) south 2 stops via Bayswater to Nottinghill Gate, then the Central Line (red) east takes you to Marble Arch, Bond Street, Oxford Street and Totenham Court Road.
Which car hire companies are near Paddington Station?
Europcar is onsite at the station and Green Motion is a few minutes walk.
Popular UK train stations
- London Kings Cross
- London Streatham
- London Waterloo
- London Liverpool Street
- London Paddington
- London Victoria
- London Kennington
- Edinburgh Waverley
- Leeds City Station
- Manchester Train stations
More about London - All about London