Looking for cheap and reliable car hire in London Kennington?
You’ve found it – Enjoy Car Hire can find you the best deals in town in a flash and is Rated Excellent with a 4.7 out of 5 score on Trustpilot.
Located in the Borough of Lambeth in South London, Kennington is just 1.4 miles south of Charing Cross in Inner London and was a royal manor in the Parish of St Mary, Lambeth.
Incorporated into London’s metropolitan area in 1855, this leafy SE11 area is a wonderful place to visit.
The Oval Cricket Ground
Here are some Kennington highlights for you to explore while you’re in town:
Visit the Kia Oval, iconic home of Surrey County Cricket Club and host venue for many major international cricket matches.
- Spend time tree bathing in the lovely Kennington Park – there’s a Grade II-listed area and an extension to the east which was added in the 1960s. Whether you like football, tennis or simply sitting under a tree and enjoying a picnic, this is the place to people watch.
- The Imperial War Museum is always an interesting place to stroll around. It had a major refurbishment in 2014 to spruce it up for the centenary of the start of WW I and you’ll see artefacts from every major conflict – there’s even a Harrier GR9 jump-jet aircraft hanging from the ceiling!
- Beefeater Distillery is a brilliant place for gin fans to visit. This is the oldest gin distillery in London and you can get in the spirit on a self-guided tour with a refreshing G&T included in the ticket price.
- Korean food fans can tuck into tasty dishes like pork and veg mandu dumplings and authentic fried chicken at Jihwaja at 353 Kennington Lane – delicious!
Car Hire Operators At London Kennington
There are several trusted car hire operators at London Kennington who can kick-start your trip with no trouble at all.
Here are a couple of the most popular choices:
- Europcar is a global operator with decades of experience in the car rental business. At Kennington, they can provide you with a wide choice of models like the Fiat Tipo, Vauxhall Astra and Skoda Octavia Combi. Car hire agreements with Europcar include fantastic features like free cancellation up to 48 hours before your rental period starts and 24 hour assistance.
- Keddy is owned by Europcar and was established to appeal to price-focused csutomers who want the peace of mind that comes with a company backed by a long-established network. Its car hire fleet is broad and deep, including models like the family-friendly Vauxhall Insignia and the chic, compact Fiat 500.
With Enjoy Car Hire, renting a car at London Kennington that meets your needs is easy – simply enter your details, hit ‘search’ and choose the best package in a matter of minutes.
Some FAQs about London Kennington
How much is it to hire a car at Kennington?
For an economy car prices start at around £23 per day, but it depends on various factors such as the time of year and how far in advance you book.
Where do I get the cheapest hire car in Kennington?
By booking on Enjoy you can compare all the different deals and find the lowest price. Generally, the further ahead you book, the better the discount so try and book in advance where you can.
What is Kennington famous for?
The Oval Cricket Ground.
Which tube stop is best for Kennington?
The Elephant and Castle to the north of Kennington and the Oval for the Oval.
Can I easily drive to Kennington?
The A3 main road runs through the centre of Kennington, so its quite easily accessible via the M25, M4 and M3 motorways, also the M23/A23 coming from Gatwick.
Which is the closest airport to Kennington?
Heathrow and Gatwick are both accessible, you'll need to then either access the train and tube network or you could hire a car. Heathrow is the closer of the 2 main London airports.
How do I drive to Kennington from Heathrow?
Its 21 miles and around about an hour depending on the traffic, you can pick up a hire car right by all of the Heathrow terminals, head east on the M4 towards London and then pick up signs.
Read more about London transport options
Popular London airports & train stations
More about London - All about London