London Liverpool Street Train Station is the third-busiest in the UK and processes around 64 million passengers each year.
When you want to reach other destinations in Greater London or places like Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, or the Stansted Express service to Stansted airport, this is the best station to start from.
Also known as Liverpool Street Station, you might be familiar with this location if you’re a fan of Monopoly, because it’s one of four London train stations featured on the British version of the popular board game.
As soon as Great Eastern Railway was formed in 1862, its immediate priority was formulating plans for a brand new station bang in the centre of the City of London. However, Liverpool Street didn’t fully open until 1875, with an L-Shaped design by engineer Edward Wilson that featured an imposing wrought iron and glass trainshed.
There was a major redevelopment in the mid-1980s, with obsolete elements of the original design omitted, other areas sympathetically restored to their former glory and modern features merged sympathetically.
Car rental at London Liverpool Street Train Station is simple to arrange and you should note the following arrangement, amenities and attractions whilst there:
- Opening hours are Monday from 3:10 AM-1:03AM, Tuesday-Thursday from 4AM-1:03AM, Friday Saturday from 3:10AM-1:03AM and Sunday from 3:40AM-1:03AM.
- The ticket office is open during regular station hours, there are ticket stations throughout and you should call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 for real time information, tickets and timetables.
- Attractions near London Liverpool Street Train Station include Heron Tower, Britain’s third-tallest skyscraper, Old Spitalfields Market, and the historic Dirty Dick’s bar, which has connections with the work of Charles Dickens.
Car Hire Operators At London Liverpool Street Train Station
As you’d expect, there are several car hire operators available at London Liverpool Street and although availability can change depending on your desired dates, you’ll always find a good deal from a choice of trusted companies.
Here’s some information on two prominent car hire operators who might be able to help you:
- Avis was founded in 1946 in Detroit by Warren Avis and shortly thereafter scaled through franchising to territories like Europe, Canada and Mexico. It’s been sold to several corporations and investors in the intervening years, but has retained it’s customer service expertise and dedication to innovation throughout. This global firm can offer customers a wide range of reliable vehicles in any location.
- Sixt offers car hire in more than 100 countries around the world and specialises in offering tailor-made packages that suit customer needs perfectly. It launched in 1998 and has 60 branches across the UK, including several across London. With flexible rental terms and a wide choice of vehicles, this is a car hire company you can have confidence in.
With Enjoy Car Hire, car rental at London Liverpool Street Train Station is fast and convenient – simply enter your details in the easy to use form and you’ll have a choice of deals immediately.
More about London - All about London