Car Hire at London Kings Cross
Rated Excellent with a Trust score of 4.7 out of 5 on Trust Pilot
London King’s Cross is one of the world’s most famous train stations.
Located in the borough of Camden, it opened in 1852 and was designed by Lewis Cubitt as a masterpiece of straightforward functionality.
King’s Cross St Pancras is the best connected transport hub in London, the UK and Europe – it links six London tube lines with two British mainline rail stations and, through the Eurostar, connects London to several locations in mainland Europe.
Kings Cross railway station facilities
You’ll be glad to know that hiring a car at London King’s Cross station is simple, with a wide range of nearby car operators, but it’s also worthwhile taking note of some of the other fantastic facilities available onsite:
- King’s Cross is open from Monday-Friday from 5AM to 1:36AM, on Saturday from 5AM to 1:11AM and on Sunday from 5:30AM to 1:36AM.
- You’ll find the British Transport Police station underneath the pub and close to the Platform 9 entrance, but call 999 in an emergency.
- If you’re a Harry Potter fan, remember to get your photo taken at Platform 9¾, but don’t hang around waiting for the Hogwart’s Express!
- The main ticket office is found on the concourse and there’s an out-of-hours ticket office at Platform 8, but you’ll find ticket machines throughout.
- Toilets and baby care facilities are available at the entrance to platforms 9-11 and behind the escalators at the Mezzanine, and it’s also disability-accessible, with step-free entrances, tactile paving and hearing induction loops.
- If you’re hungry at London King’s Cross, with food outlets like Five Guys, Caffe Nero, Leon and Wasabi, there are plenty of places to fill your belly and slake your thirst.
Car Hire Operators At London King’s Cross Station
There are several nearby car hire operators at London King’s Cross Station and each offers a range of well-maintained vehicles to meet your requirements.
Here’s a little more information on the credentials of a couple of popular car hire firms you can choose to rent a car from:
- Europcar has a long history in the car rental business – founded in Paris in 1949, through various mergers, acquisitions and partnerships, it now has a global footprint based on brilliant customer care. Car hire with Europcar includes advantages such as free cancellation up to 48 hours before the start of your rental period, 24 hour assistance, theft protection, third party liability and a collision damage waiver.
- Green Motion Car and Van Rental was established in 2007 with a business model that’s firmly focused on eco-friendliness. It’s the only 100% zero emission car hire company and offers customers a wide choice of reliable, fuel-efficient vehicles. Like other reputable operators, Green Motion car hire packages also include theft protection, 24 hour assistance, third party liability and free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to commencement of the agreed rental period.
With Enjoy Car Hire, finding the best deal on car rental at London’s King’s Cross Station couldn’t be simpler – enter your dates and details and you’re served up with a range of outstanding options in a split second.
Address: Euston Road, King’s Cross, London, N1 9AL
FAQs about Kings Cross train station
What food outlets are there in Kings Cross?
You'll find an array of food spots in Kings Cross station including Starbucks, Prezzo, Benito’s Hat, Giraffe and Leon.
How far is St. Pancras from Kings Cross?
It is literally over the road, you can walk from Kings Cross station into St Pancras station in about 2 minutes.
Where does Kings Cross connect to?
Kings Cross connects London with the North and Scotland. The LNER line connects London to Leeds, York, Newcastle and Edinburgh as well as stopping at Doncaster, Wakefield, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark, Durrham and Stevenage.
Can I hire a car from Kings Cross?
Yes, Europcar, Enterprise and Sixt all within the station or minutes walk.
Popular London train stations
- London Kings Cross
- London Streatham
- London Waterloo
- London Liverpool Street
- London Paddington
- London Victoria
- London Kennington
- London Euston
- London Bridge
More about London - All about London