"Arranged a pick up from Faro Airport this summer and am happy to say that everything went very smoothly. All transactions were done quickly and we were soon on our way." - Joan Simpson.
Faro in the South of Portugal is situated in the Algarve and is famous for its sandy beaches, fertile grounds which grow almonds and olives.
Holidaymakers flock to Faro every year for the sunshine and relaxed atmosphere.
To make the most of your holiday, you'll want cheap Faro car hire so you can go on day trips to visit local attractions.
Enjoy Car Hire Tips
Many set off to their chosen accommodations upon landing at Faro airport, never to actually take a time to visit the town.
Which really is a mistake.
Faro far is more than just a gateway and has lots to offer and really should be you first car rental stop.
Dating Back to Roman
Steeped in history with ruins dating back to the Romans and even Arabs, one should visit places like Old town Faro, the cathedral, or the Roman wall as a reminder of Faro's importance in the distant past.
For more history visit Faro Archeological museum.
If you're looking for a typical Algarve beach, Praia de Faro is just five minutes from the airport. Many visitors upgrade their experience by attending a local ping program which gives the opportunity to explore local marine life, shipwrecks, artificial and natural reefs.
Ria Formosa Natural Park is one of the country’s seven great natural wonders. Formed by a series of sand spits creating a lagoon and wetlands that separate the mainland from the Atlantic Ocean is home to a variety of ecosystems, rare bird life and a variety of marine species.
Milreu is one of the most important Roman sites in the Algarve. Situated around ten kilometers north of Faro.
7 reasons for booking Faro Car Hire
Public transportation is Ok in Faro region, but there are several reasons why to book Faro car hire.
- You should really check out the best beaches in Faro. Sitting around just one doesn't make sense, as there are many, and car allows you to check cruise in between them, bring along extra gear, food, and drinks.
- Relaxation doesn't have to mean just lying around doing nothing. Algarve is an interesting region which makes day trips all the more interesting.
- With that said, Lisbon or Sevilla are not that far away either. If you are adventurous enough, you might even want to push it to Gibraltar.
- Faro is an ideal place to pack your golf clubs and enjoy a few rounds of golf and the great courses. With great shopping and a bustling daily market selling, local produce it attracts all kinds of visitors.
- Great shopping and a bustling daily market selling, local produce attract all kinds of visitors.
- Good road system
- Exploring at your own pace and timetable.
A great waterside town with its range of shops, cafes, and maritime museums really show off the harbor and the visiting yachts.
With cheap Faro car hire, you can explore local attractions, or even take a few days and travel to Porto or Lisbon which is just North of Faro. In addition, to this, you could always take your hire car to Spain for more of an adventure.
Parking in Faro
Parking in Faro is mostly paid. There are a few free parking areas, like the one near Largo de São Francisco. It is not far from the city centre which makes it very convenient.
Be advised, there are many "profesional" helpers offering to find free parking spots for a fee in return. Although it is not mandatory to pay them, a few coins may save your car from scratches.
What about cheapest airport Faro car hire?
Many people opt for airport Faro car hire. When booked in advance your car will be waiting for you when you arrive ready for you to drive to your accommodation, making airport car hire in Faro a great option.
Read more About Enjoy Car Hire, pricing and payment, car rental insurance, travel extras and promo codes.
Also, check out more about